Reflexology is a deeply relaxing healing foot or hand massage, that helps balance the body.
What are the benefits of Reflexology ?
- Reflexology relieves stress and tension and has a deeply relaxing and calming effect
- 80% of disease is estimated to be stress related
- In order to work well, the body needs energy in the form of oxygen and nutrients which are circulated in the blood
- Reflexology helps blood circulation, and increases the efficiency of all the organs and cells
- It helps release trapped nervous energy and improves neural efficiency; approximately 7000 nerves are stimulated by reflexology massage
- It improves waste removal and elimination, activating the body’s self healing mechanisms
Reflexology can be used for the improvement of general health and can be used to help treat a wide range of disorders including:
- Skin and respiratory conditions
- PMS and menopausal problems
- chronic fatigue, stress, depression, anxiety, sleep disorders
- digestive problems, constipation, high blood pressure
- sinus problems, arthritis, allergies,
- back and neck pain, sports injuries,
- infertility, hormonal imbalances and many more
Are there any side effects of a reflexology treatment?
As reflexology is not intrusive, there are very few side effects to treatment. Most people feel very relaxed or sleepy and enjoy a good night’s sleep, though some are highly alert, refreshed & full of energy. A common side effect is an increased number of visits to the toilet as reflexology encourages the elimination of toxins from the body. It is important to keep hydrated to continue the benefits of the treatment.
What does a reflexology treatment involve?
I am a mobile therapist so you do not need to do anything prior to my visit. I will set up in your own home. Or if you prefer I am based within Willenhall and you can come to me for treatment. The first treatment is usually the longest as this involves a full consultation including medical history and lifestyle. From there I will examine your feet, cleanse them, relax them and then start the treatment. The most important thing is for you to lie back and relax. After this initial examination and treatment I’ll be able to advise you how many treatments you are likely to need. These should be spread over a number of weeks to enable the body to heal itself effectively. Each treatment will be around an hour in length.
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is a complementary therapy that involves the application of pressure to specific points, known as reflexes, on the feet and hands to encourage the body to heal from within. The therapy is based on the principle that the feet and hands contain ‘mini-maps’ of the whole body and that by applying pressure using the fingers or thumbs, the corresponding body areas can be stimulated. The right foot/hand corresponds to the right hand side of the body and the left foot/hand to the left hand side of the body. Parts of the body that are found on both sides, such as the kidneys, will have corresponding reflexes on both feet/hands, whereas parts of the body that are found on just one side are only represented by the foot/hand on that same side. For example, the heart reflex is found on the left foot only.
Reflexology is a holistic therapy and treats the person as a whole rather than just focusing on a set of symptoms. Holistic therapies take the emotional and spiritual being into account as well as the physical.