Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage is a form of massage therapy created in India thousands of years ago. It is deep style a massage derived from the Ayurvedic tradition that focuses on the head, shoulders, arms, face and neck.
Starting at the upper back, we begins by applying pressure to points that dissolve knots and relax the muscles. We then move to the shoulders and upper arms to release other common areas of tension, and to the neck and head to release headache-causing blockages and to encourage better circulation of the cerebral fluid.
The massage then progresses to the scalp, relaxing the entire head, encouraging circulation and stimulating hair growth. Lastly, weperform a gentle face massage that may relieve symptoms of sinusitis & headaches, and encourages good circulation and a glowing complexion.
An Indian Head Massage is beneficial in
- Relieving built up tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage Boosting overall immunity
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration
- Soothes symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system
- Relieves Mandibular Joint Tension
- Increases muscle tone
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis
- Boosts cerebral spinal fluid circulation.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia
An Indian Head massage may also improve overall mental health by
- Relieving symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Providing relief from stress and promotes relaxation Improving
- Renewing energy levels concentration levels
- Increasing feelings of peace,
- calm and well being.
- Boosting memory capabilities