Here she is again Elenore from EarthSprout. I love Pizza. no really, I will happily eat them every day. So much to say about them but instead lets focus on the object of desire itself. I had my first sourdough pizza in London and it was so yum. Now even the Coop do them! here's one better for when you really want to treat yourself!
Makes either 4 smaller pizzas or 1 big
1 1/2 cup gluten free sourdough starter
1 cup whole buckwheat flour
1/2 cup quinoa or millet flour
1/3 cup flax meal
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp organic olive oil, virgin
1 tsp high quality salt
1 tsp honey, optional
1. Measure 1 1/2 cup sourdough and add into a large bowl.
2. Either grind your own flours from whole grains & seeds in the blender or use store bought and add those to the bowl of sourdough starter along with the water, salt, olive oil and optional sweetener. Gently stir/fold into a sticky dough using a wooden spoon or a spatula. Drizzle with a little oil, cover with plastic wrap/cling film.
3. Put on the the light in the oven – no heat- and put the bowl in the middle of the oven between 4-8 hours. You can prepare this dough in no time at all in the morning and be ready for pizza night when you come home from work! Or prepare it the night before, refrigerate overnight and put it in the oven (with only the light on!) in the morning.
Suggested warm toppings
Tomato sauce (a can of whole organic tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, 1 cut onion, some french herbs, salt)
Organic vegan or dairy based cheese (we’ve tried both sprouted rice mozarella, rawmesan (recipe to come) and dairy mozzarella
Suggested cold toppings
Baby leafy greens
red onion rings
Baking the pizza in the oven
1. Preheat oven to 200° C / 390° F
2. Sprinkle a little amount of flour onto a lined baking tray, divide dough in 4 (as seen in picture above), press into thin pizza crusts with generously floured hands/dough.
3. Prebake crusts without anything on for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned underneath.
4. Arrange warm toppings (see suggestions above) and bake pizza for another 7-10 minutes or until your toppings of choice are done.
5. Arrange cold toppings (see suggestions above) onto the pizza and enjoy with a big hearty salad and a smile.